Sunday 8 November 2020

Distant Remembrance

 

I'm often very thankful that our War Memorial is inside the church and not in a chilly churchyard, or indeed at some distance. Today Rick the verger set the church up for a short Act of Remembrance which I could record for virtual use. Dean our Treasurer plays the trumpet and had recorded a faultless version of the Last Post & Reveille (with two minutes' silence in between to make it even easier for me) which I was able to team up with a generic recording of 'Nimrod' and 'O God our Help' on the organ, all played off my computer and routed through the church sound system, such as it is. It all worked perfectly and was very dignified, not that it's hard to be dignified if there's nobody else there. 

And then I discovered my phone had slipped and the Memorial and everything else was filmed at a positively Caligari-ish angle, so I had to do it all over again at 11.15. Don't tell anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment