Sunday 27 March 2022

Sort Of How It Is Supposed To Work

Unlike last year when it all went a bit wrong, we had a full Mothering Sunday posy-making team and the posies were pleasantly presentable. Today the Roman Catholic congregation also distributed posies, which I can’t remember them doing in the past. It was almost back to normal as the children from the Infants School came to sing for us and brought their families with them, so we had about 120 people in the church for the main service. It was great and everyone enjoyed themselves. But where were our usual congregation members? Without the visitors I calculated we would have been few indeed, possibly fewer than 30. Yesterday I’d seen emails from members of the refreshments team appealing for help as all the people usually available were away or struck down by covid, and so before we began this morning I checked to see whether anyone was available to do it – no hands went up, so we saved on the biscuits. I haven’t heard of anyone newly afflicted by covid for a few days, so I wonder whether the peak is passing us, but it’s still having a noticeable impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment