Friday 8 January 2021

Epiphany 2021

My first Epiphany in Swanvale Halt was celebrated in snow and ice; I would happily have swapped the pandemic conditions of 2021 for that. But ten of us managed to meet and celebrate, and pray especially for our Orthodox friends who keep January 6th as a higher and holier festival than December 25th.

I experimented with using my new laptop to record, and in fact livestream, the service - not that I told anyone else that it was being beamed onto Youtube! It worked, but the sound was muddy and the video indistinct. I have asked my friend Cara the vicar of Emwood's husband for advice as he is a wiz with these things and he has recommended a nice neat webcam which I think I may well ask the diocese for help with buying, given the price. Oh, nothing about this is easy.


As is customary (here, anyway), chalk was blessed and taken home to mark our door lintels, or anywhere else suitable. 'Mine are all white plastic', Martha from the flats next to the church told me. 'I'll have to be creative.'

No comments:

Post a Comment