Monday 10 August 2020

Compliant Connubials

You don't often get images of me here, but as you can see, in this case it hardly matters. Alan and Lisa's wedding was the first we've done under Current Restrictions - only thirty souls, no singing, and masks on most of the time: those leading services are allowed to remove them as are those reading or speaking liturgically, and I certainly thought that meant the couple as they said their vows but we replaced them for the signing of the registers. Lisa and Alan arrived in a campervan and entered the church together, as Lisa's dad isn't in the same bubble and so couldn't 'give her away'. She's a teacher at the infants school and so although her colleagues couldn't come in, they lined the road to cheer her on. The photographer had a camera on a drone but only used it outside the church so I didn't notice until it was all over. I rather like these somewhat shorter services, but don't tell anyone that. Sorry my stole is skew-whiff (to say nothing of my mask, I didn't know I was wanted for a picture).

No comments:

Post a Comment