Monday 15 June 2020

Open Door Policy

Notices on the church door, red arrows delineating entry points on the floor, big red round dots showing you where you can sit safely to pray - the parish church of Swanvale Halt is open for business again! Or open for piety, in any case. Much to my surprise the advice from the Church nationally (which seems to derive from former Chief Nurse Bishop Sarah Mullaly, a 'dove' in this respect) has not specified that we need anyone on duty to supervise those who might come into the building to pray unless we deem it necessary for security or other practical reasons, so I was quite happy to set everything up this morning and walk away. The main consideration was not losing our hand sanitiser, and so Jack who does so many small construction jobs around the church knocked up the little box you can see in the picture. Somehow it seems only appropriate that we should have a wooden hand sanitiser dispenser. I wonder whether there's an appropriate saint whose image I can put on it.

I came back to lock the building again after three hours. I don't have any evidence that anyone actually came in ...

No comments:

Post a Comment