Friday 1 May 2020

Medium-Distance Social Distancing

Sometimes misty drizzle on an overcast day makes me think 'holy well weather' but it was rather more than that yesterday as I determined that my first proper walk under the Current Restrictions would take me along the canal towpath to St Catherine's Chapel, even if the journey did take in a holy well, the one at the foot of Chapel Hill. Once I got there it was fine and sunny, but thunder and lightning accompanied my egress from Swanvale Halt, and heralded my return some time later. The weather did mean social distancing wasn't much of an issue: I've never crossed the park without meeting a single human soul before. Narrowboats look cosy in the rain though that depends on your heating system. Have I really never noticed the pillbox before, or is my memory failing me?





No comments:

Post a Comment