Saturday 29 June 2019

An Ill Wind

Trevor: I've been farting for most of the day.
Me: Why do you want to tell me that?
Trevor: (after a silence) I want to drive the Devil out of my body.
Me: Well, you won't be able to fart him out.
Trevor: What did you say?
Me: I said, you won't be able to fart the Devil out of your body.
Trevor: I can't hear you. I'll turn the relaxation sounds off. What did you say?
Me: I said, you can't fart the Devil out.

Trevor: No, I'm still deaf.
Me: Never mind. Look, what was it you said? You said you'd been doing something all day. What did you say you'd been doing? I thought you said 'farting', but that struck me as a bit weird.
Trevor: I didn't say I'd been breaking wind. I said I'd been sleeping about.
Me: But it was one word, and it sounded like 'farting', and then when I asked why you told me, you said you'd been trying to drive the Devil out of your body.
Trevor: I don't remember what I said.

No comments:

Post a Comment