Saturday 21 October 2017

Gratuitous Views

A last little holiday post, from that land of fast-receding memories.


Red sky over the roofs of Burton Bradstock.



Marshwood Vale panorama - from the Beaminster road near Salwayash.


Wet ploughed field near Symondsbury.


Lyme Regis. 

For all I know, on this perpetual seafront
The girl who reaches me the ice cream
(Organic from the Marshwood Vale)
Could be an angel - 
And this bright day my ever Elysian,
Curved to the sea.
I’ve done this enough, after all. Perhaps
I’ve been here beyond my memory,
Beyond being wrapped up warm against the wind,
To when I was otherwise and not yet and barely at all.
It will not matter if I wear
My Springtime panama or my Autumn black:
I last less long than the smooth cream, and the kiss of the sea
Leaning in and back, and in and back.
I’m needed nowhere else, 
I can stay. 



Southwards from the footpath between Bothenhampton and Burton Bradstock. 


The lookout shelter at Bexington Knoll. We always used to point this out whenever we drove on the coast road between Bridport and Abbotsbury, but this was the first time I've ever been there to look at it. It's one of the places where PJH took Seamus Murphy in 2010 when they were figuring out how their working relationship was going to function, and shooting some portrait photos (which Seamus wasn't used to then). 


A bold and possibly mad fisherman on Pulpit Rock, Portland. 


And, a long way from Dorset, Bamburgh Castle seen across the low water from Lindisfarne Island. 

No comments:

Post a Comment