Sunday 19 June 2016

Oddments

What on earth could I say at Assembly at the infants school tomorrow? Last time I happened to meet one of the children with his parents in the café and as a result of that conversation decided I'd talk about going to the beach, but that hasn't happened this week. Eventually, as I read a book to clear my distracted mind while cooking Sunday lunch, I thought: books! I will speak about books, leading into talking about what the Bible is and what it means to religious people. I looked back at my old assembly plan notes and discovered that I did this about five years ago. I must have gone through exactly the same thought processes then. It was a bit like the occasion, many years ago, when I found my own name in the visitors' book of a church I had no recollection of ever having been to before.
................................

'Oh, it's been a long day', Trevor sighed on Friday as he sat in my kitchen with a cup of tea. 'When did you get up?' I asked. 'About twelve,' he said. 'It's 3.30,', I pointed out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment