Wednesday 30 December 2009

Happy Christmas

My niece is 4 1/2. I bought her a selection of craft-y things for Christmas, including a wodge of Plasticine, which she set to playing with, swiftly crafting her grandfather's name, a washing line, and a 'desert plant'. "Where do you get your ideas from?" I asked. "From heaven", she replied without looking up.

Then she presented me with a little Plasticine cross. "You can hold it when you're dead", she informed me cheerfully, "Or having breakfast".

1 comment:

  1. The Easter story, by Jessica, aged just over 3.

    At Easter Jesus was cross. He was cross because he couldn't go to church and see all his friends. He couldn't go to church because he was dead. But then he came back to life again, so he could go to church and see his friends again. Jesus wasn't cross anymore.

    ReplyDelete