Tuesday 1 November 2022

Obligatory Halloween Shot

In fact Halloween night was wet and windy at Swanvale Halt and keeping the lanterns lit was no easy task. By the time I set out for the churchyard for my customary toast to the dead and to leave a lantern to watch over them - for however long or short a time - there wasn't a single glint of a candle from a pumpkin. Nor did I get any visitors so I will have to eat all the chocolate myself. It will take some time.

Halloween is my younger niece's birthday and my sister took her and her friends out trick-or-treating, though at 13 I get the impression she's a little long in the tooth for it as it seems to be primary-school age children who mainly engage in it. Earlier in the day they'd been shopping in Bournemouth and visited the tomb of the Shelleys at St Peter's which seems like an appropriate cultural activity for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment