Thursday 29 September 2022

Pretty Pictures

Over late months I've acquired a couple of pictures which I have just now got around to putting on the walls of the Rectory. While I was at Petworth House at the start of the year, the National Trust shop had a little selection of art including some watercolours by a lady called Georgina Ling. One of these, to my great surprise, showed narrowboats on the canal at Swanvale Halt, caught in a snowy winter. Thanks to Dr Bones I do have a fascination for canals and so I had to buy that. 


Then, when I went with Sir Binarycode and Lady Arlen to Greenwich in the summer, we dropped in on a small antiques shop, and in a sheaf of prints I found a little one of Oystermouth Castle, which of course I visited last autumn, so I was tempted to get that. It came with a larger image of Harlech Castle, which I haven't visited, but both were worth the extra cash. The picture of Oystermouth Castle is fairly accurate though Harlech is not quite as dramatic as it appears here!

No comments:

Post a Comment