Sunday 17 July 2022

Wood and Water

Back in the days when you didn't risk being burned to a crisp when you stepped outdoors, I went for a walk around Frensham Ponds; I combined it with a visit to a church which I'll share on another occasion, but here, as something gentle and undemanding, are some pictures from the walk. The bird, so Mrs Abacus told me, is a stonechat, the first I can remember ever seeing which I think is rather fantastic. The obelisk, more imposing in real life than it looks here, is a memorial raised by William Robertson to his brothers, both killed in WWI and in whose memory he gave Frensham Common to the National Trust. The Council is begging people to stay away from Frensham Ponds in the current baking conditions - I wouldn't dream of trying to get there!









No comments:

Post a Comment