Wednesday 15 June 2022

The Wood and the Trees

A scribbled note reminded me to copy a passage from the book of daily meditations into the little devotional book I use. This morning I looked back and couldn't for the life of me identify which passage had struck me. It was as though, whatever it had been, it had vanished.

I'm toying with experimenting with the increasingly popular phenomenon of Forest Church, and have in mind to use a small area of public woodland on the other side of the parish, which links two estates we have little contact with. I'd identified a suitable clearing and visited it a couple of times. Today I went looking again just to check how to access the site, and couldn't find the clearing I remembered at all. I did find a large overtoppled pine tree which must have been there for years to judge by the look of it, but which I hadn't noticed on previous visits. It feels like one of those scenes in a horror movie when the protagonist finds the hallways in the haunted house reconfiguring themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment