Monday 30 March 2020

Proof

You very rarely get any photographs of me here, but this is sufficiently indistinct not to be troubling ... I slightly rearranged my makeshift altar in the red bedroom as I thought the Gothic side chair was a bit outrĂ© for the occasion of a missa solitaria. I did record the event, but the recording was so awful and difficult to manage that I didn't do anything with it. Next week I'll try recording with my phone, rather than my computer, and see whether that produces better results. 

It was very odd, of course, but not as odd as I thought it might be. It seemed as though I was able to slip into the 'space of the liturgy' and the context in which it was happening became irrelevant. I suppose that's how it's intended to be, all the time: an entrance into divine time and heavenly space. Several people have said that it was a comfort just to know that I was doing it, even if they were remote. This is the time God has set for us to bring him who we are, and, anomalous though doing it alone might be, I am happy to obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment