Sunday 24 March 2019

Spring Sun

Do you remember the magnolia I planted a couple of months ago? That one potential bloom has now opened and looks like this:


I am so delighted that this has happened. All across the parish the magnolia trees are in splendid bloom and I am full of joy that my sapling has added to the glory albeit with just one flower!

But the other garden flowers have been joining in. The banks are full of primroses, which I can't see lasting this year long enough for me to be able to use them to decorate the Altar of Repose; the deep pink of the camellias and the delicate pink-white of the prunus blossom adds to the colour.





After the morning's services and lunch, the afternoon was too sunny to spend entirely at home. I've often been to Waggoners' Wells but this beauty spot not far away always affords some pleasure no matter the conditions. The line of ducks was obliging and the Wishing Well flowing plentifully. All very recuperative.



No comments:

Post a Comment