Monday 20 February 2017

Well That's Nice

I'm still not confident that the schedule for our revived Junior Church has worked its way into popular consciousness (or any other kind, to be honest) so, as the third Sunday in each month approaches, I send out lots of emails and pop it on Facebook and the church website to make sure that as many people are reminded as possible. The old adage probably holds good, that people need to be told about something seven times in different forms before it finally registers. Six children turned up this Sunday, despite it being the end of half term, and that was fine. 'I think we've cracked this', said Erica, who helps out with Junior Church. 'Six children makes it worthwhile. It was - fulfilling.' I think this is one of the most encouraging things anyone has said to me in my seven-and-a-half years here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment