Tuesday 21 July 2015

That's The Way It Is

Image result for jam sandwichUnfortunately, my regular interlocutor Mad Trevor is supporting a friend through a very unpleasant legal case. Sitting in a courtroom while people and lawyers argue about horrible things isn't good for anyone, let alone someone with paranoid schizophrenia. He phoned me, this time, with a good reason to be agitated.

Trevor: Please pray for protection for me.
Me: Of course I will.
Trevor: Only, the Devil loves this sort of thing.
Me: Yes, it's his bread-and-butter, really.
Trevor: [pause] It's like him having a jam sandwich.

I know I introduced the food-related metaphor, but it's an interesting further stage to which to take it. In fact, he's not wrong. People throwing horrible accusations at each other in a court *is* a jam sandwich for Satan. There's a film title in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment