Saturday 7 March 2015

Pastoral Innovation

This may not look much. I dare say it isn't much. But I'm congratulating myself I've done it. It's a booklet with a separate page for every street in the parish, bearing on it every member of the congregation, everyone who's had a child baptised, got married, or a relative's funeral conducted at or by the church over the last few years, couples who've had their banns read here, and houses which have recently changed hands. The streets are grouped under 'rounds' which one could get through in an afternoon were one to do that sort of thing. It means that I can look at a street and see instantly the people living in it with whom I have significant pastoral relationships, rather than all that information being scattered around different files and bits of paper. The question is, why has it taken me 5 1/2 years to think of doing this?

No comments:

Post a Comment