Saturday 7 February 2015

Baby Go Boom

There are few things that arouse my ire more than spending my time on toilets, boilers and sound systems, dull practical things which should work in churches at least as well as the equivalent sorts of things we have at home. Yesterday I came in to the hall while our curate was setting up for the Toddler Group to be told the boiler was howling an alarm and was it all right to carry on? Eventually I found the number of the engineer and he advised that no, the boiler was not about to explode and the problem was probably that the pressurisation unit (the new, thousand-pound pressurisation unit) had malfunctioned and was showing a different and far higher pressure than was actually the case within the boilers. I relayed this information to our curate who was clearly relieved. 'I could just see the Surrey Advertiser reporting, "Tots Totalled in Toddler Tragedy" '. 'You've been working on that,' I said.

No comments:

Post a Comment