Monday 1 April 2013

Easter

It was very, very cold as I made my way down the hill towards the church at 5.15 on Sunday morning, which, given the arrival of British Summer [sic] Time, was really 4.15. I wasn't expecting such a hard frost - nor was I expecting very many people at the Dawn Mass. I certainly wasn't expecting the twenty hardy souls who attended and said afterwards how they enjoyed it. The nicest comment came later in an email from a new member of the congregation who comes from an evangelical background: 'Thank you so much for the wonderful service this dawn. I hadn't a clue what was going on but came away mightily blessed!' which I think is actually very profound ... We had about 120 people at the 10am eucharist (a 'Family Communion', so biretta and maniple but no incense), including a number of newcomers young and old, and two couples one partner of whom had each come to the Liturgy of the Passion on Good Friday, and brought their others halves along on Easter Day. A lovely, glorious and celebratory day for which everyone had worked very hard and faithfully.

1 comment:

  1. you must watch these dawn proprieties very carefully - they never catch on!!!

    ReplyDelete