Monday 4 June 2012

Happy Birthday Church

This is not Swanvale Halt church, but St Matthew's Ponders End last year where a friend of mine  was vicar. I rather like the idea of balloons in church to celebrate Pentecost, the Church's birthday, so we had a few decorating the hall where we're still worshipping, on the relevant day, May 27th. I was thinking of releasing them into the wild at the end of the service but read one too many stories of cows being choked on the remains of stray balloons so just let people take them home. 'It's for our granddaughter' said one couple insistently. A likely story.

1 comment:

  1. wow, the old place has changed since my time! early 1960s, Sunday service 6d and Saturday Weddings half a crown when I was a choir boy (innocence personified), also the place for my 10 minutes of fame, Solo for first verse of "Once in Royal David City" at a Christmas Midnight Mass. :))

    ReplyDelete