Thursday 1 March 2012

Secret Corner

Not so long ago I discovered a new bit of the garden! I'd been meaning to clear an area of undergrowth and tangled branches that lies to the rear of the site of the old scullery and outside loo, and in doing so found that there was a path (not much of a path, it could do with covering with something) that follows around a bush leftward beside next door's fence and concludes at the wall - an entirely 'secret corner'.

The wall was crying out for something more than the little woven birdhouse which my predecessor had left there (though which predecessor I'm not sure, it could have been there for years). So I visited Farnham Mill and bought a rather nicely decayed wall plaque with a vaguely Renaissance-looking lady on it, and one of their 'Neptune troughs'. Having filled the drainage holes with kitchen plugs and putty and covered the base with gravel, the trough is now full of water - we'll have to see for how long!

No comments:

Post a Comment