Tuesday 28 February 2012

Chin Up

Tracy from the congregation said, 'People have said to me, Your vicar seems very nice, but we do wish he'd look up and smile a bit more'. They mean when I'm walking about the parish - not that I'm doing much walking at the moment thanks to an inflamed plantar fascia, an organ whose existence I didn't even suspect until the doctor revealed it - rather than in church. I may come across as a grumpy git on the blog, but though descending to the grinning idiot stage is something that hopefully is far away in my future, it's probably important not to be perceived as standoffish to the parish in general. After more than two years in Swanvale Halt, I can probably manage to squeeze out the odd smile for Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. So long as you are better at it than that determined smiler, Gordon Brown!

    ReplyDelete