Monday 24 January 2011

Quality Control

Our retired Assistant Priest was taking the early Mass on Sunday so I was able to sit and contemplate. It didn't take much attention to realise that when the new Epiphanytide service leaflets were assembled I'd arranged the pages of the particular one I was holding in the wrong order for Doris to staple together. I was confident most of them would be OK, but were any more like that? Towards the end of the service, I overheard one of the elderly couple, Mr & Mrs Bowdry, seated behind me, whisper to her husband, 'The pages are the wrong way round'. At least one other faulty one, then, I thought. I happened to follow them on the way out of church - and saw Mrs B. dutifully put her dud service booklet back on the pile with the others, so it could inconvenience somebody else.

I really find it quite difficult to pick my way through the psychology here. It could just be sheer forgetfulness, or the most maddening case of 'Mustn't Grumble-ism'.

No comments:

Post a Comment