Wednesday 1 December 2021

Chercher La Femme

Some of the moments I will best remember (I hope I will remember them!) from my ministry will be from communion at home with older congregation members. Today, I took communion to Angela who lives in the flats next to the church. Afterwards she told me: 'I live alone, but I never feel alone. I mean, I know who's there. It's when I get up in the morning and I'm reeling about a bit, and then He comes to me and I know I've got another few days to do. But sometimes I do wish He'd get on and take me!'

Are you ready, Angela? I asked. 'Well, I'm 91 and yes, I am ready, but not in a hurry, if that makes sense. I look out of the window and I've got trees and birds and squirrels and it's so beautiful. I've got so much to be thankful for.' As a result, I reflected I had, too.

On the door of the flats I saw this sign. The question is, who is the mysterious woman referred to?

No comments:

Post a Comment