Thursday 23 November 2023

Cleer View

For some reason this day off has coincided with a low mood, and I know that there's no deliberately shifting it once it arrives - not the satisfaction from doing a succession of little jobs, seeing a friend for coffee, food or drink, or even the diversion of reading. It sucks all the pleasure out of these things, and will only move off when something unexpected moves it, like a breeze blowing away the cloud.

I think it was the right thing to do to go out of the house for an hour to the antiques centre, where I haven't been for a long time. I wasn't intending to buy anything, but along an obscure hallway (and they're all obscure at the antiques centre) found a print of a Cornish holy well. Acquiring new stuff doesn't necessarily make me any happier either, but at least this was a nice, small surprise. St Cleer's Well is a familiar one, but I've never seen this particular image before.

No comments:

Post a Comment