Saturday 11 January 2014

Cribbage

This lovely photograph doesn't show our Crib at Swanvale Halt, but the scene in a friend's church, St Mary's Thorpe, set up for Epiphany last week. Their crib sits within the old high altar which you can see on the right side of the photograph; ours is a bit more homespun, and over the last couple of years I've found ways of mounting it closer and closer to the floor so that the roof of the thing doesn't actually poke over the top of the altar itself.

The Crib had its revenge last Sunday, though, when I moved it from in front of the altar to the side of the church and put my back out in the process, an injury I haven't quite recovered from. Today it needs to be dismantled and put away (I think - there are differences of opinion as to when this should be done) and I will be taking extra care that it exacts no punishment on me this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment